Tuesday 10 March 2009

Prayer - Nourishment


I was thinking about how prayer gives me nourishment to carry on or helps me to put aside problems and trust in what God is doing with me. I believe I am always learning when praying, prayer gets better, when praying I do not stray and see things through God. But I do find it hard to trust, to understand and to make sure that I open up fully. I know God is around me and knows my inner most thoughts but sometimes I cannot get them out myself.
Each time we pray it gets easier, it is a relationship and we need to work at it and build it up over a period of time. We need to do this daily as we would in any relationship, I speak to my mum each day, my wife everyday, we need to speak to God everyday. Imagine if we were building a house and we did some building today and then left it, prayer is often left out of our lives for various reasons. Sometimes work is very busy, sometime home life can be busy and challenging so we miss the things we think we can do without. I don't believe we can do without prayer it is the nourishment that sustains us in our daily lives.

No comments: