Thursday 5 March 2009

Ramblings about the week and Lent

A fair old week I've just had and although I haven't done much except lie down and read I'm still extremely tired. I have gone back to work today and now I'm even more exhausted, I'll have to have a afternoon snooze.

My Lenten plans have been messed up and I'm really eager to get them back on track. Along with the more frequent mass attendances and beefing up my prayer life in other ways as well. It is easy to miss out on prayer and attending extra services at church. Sometimes it cannot be helped such as when your ill but now I'm recovering I want to return to my plans. My other plans included some extra reading, especially on calling/vocation and discerning my own vocation within the Church.

Calling, vocation whatever word you want to use has been at the back of my mind for a few years now. How do you know you have a calling, people tell you. I know I need to follow up. Ever since my return to the church the whole experience has been different, not just participating but growing. Up to now I have attended several vocation evening's, a Living Stones conference and a chat with the DDO. I am aware that this is a new relationship with God and I see ordination simply as an outward public sign of that relationship and that the change in you as a person when you are ordained that others see in your ministry. So it doesn't have to be ordination into Priesthood but it could be another area, reader ministry or OLM for instance.

Anyway, it's the second week of our Lent course tonight. We are looking at what nourishes and sustains us on our journey to follow Christ. I'll let you know all about it.

No comments: