Wednesday 7 October 2009

Fresh Expressions

Hi, I have been attending a Fresh Expressions of Church course over the last few weeks. It's come at an opportune time as our church looks to see what God is doing within and outside our Church and how we can move forward and engage with the local community.

Attending the course has given me some motivation (I have been lacking recently) to look at myself and the Church and see where God has been leading us. Throughout the course the message to me has been "relationships" we need to have relationships with others to spread the good news.

We need to know who they are, what they are like and then discover how we can present the Gospel in a challenging and thought provoking method.

AS Mens group will be re-established as this is a important part of my ministry, Men face different challenges and don't always have the place or time to do church things. So providing an environment where men can gather be them selves eat and chat seems perfect to me. Watch this space.......................

No comments: